Today was our 3rd Annual Shopping Adventure. While we were waiting for Kieren, we started a tradition of shopping at the Jeffersonville Outlets twice a year. Once in March and again in August. We've made some wonderful friendships through Kieren's adoption! The shopping trips give us a great chance to just hang out and enjoy each other while getting some serious shopping done!
It's amazing to think that in March 2005, we were just at the beginning of our wait. And now in March 2007, we have these amazing little girls!!! They aren't the babies we took shopping last year. They are truly little girls! Most of the girls got new sandals and sunglasses today. They were more than happy to model them for us (the little Divas!). Last year we were just buying clothes. The year before, we were trying to figure out what size clothes we should buy because no one would get their referral for months still! I can't wait to see what the next trip (in August) will bring!
These Shopping Adventures aren't just about the adults. They are about supporting each other and watching our kids grow. Everyone shares funny stories, joys and frustrations. Lots of hugs are shared too!! We are a family. Everyone is happy to lend a hand with another child without being asked. We all share a common bond - adoption. Yes, there are some of the group who don't have adopted children. They are special people who have supported us through our adoptions. They are part of this family.
While the adults did some major shopping today, the kids did play! Most of the girls haven't seen each other in a year. That's never an issue! The girls had a blast!!!! I can't wait to see their friendships develop and grow over the coming years as we continue this tradition.
Thank you to everyone who made this year's Spring Shopping Adventure a huge success!!!! It was wonderful to see you again! To those who couldn't make it this time, I hope we'll see you in August!
Emmy, Kelsey, and Kieren had a great time playing while the adults shopped!
Finding trouble.
Come on and play, girls!
Ya gotta walk the walk!
It's amazing to think that in March 2005, we were just at the beginning of our wait. And now in March 2007, we have these amazing little girls!!! They aren't the babies we took shopping last year. They are truly little girls! Most of the girls got new sandals and sunglasses today. They were more than happy to model them for us (the little Divas!). Last year we were just buying clothes. The year before, we were trying to figure out what size clothes we should buy because no one would get their referral for months still! I can't wait to see what the next trip (in August) will bring!
These Shopping Adventures aren't just about the adults. They are about supporting each other and watching our kids grow. Everyone shares funny stories, joys and frustrations. Lots of hugs are shared too!! We are a family. Everyone is happy to lend a hand with another child without being asked. We all share a common bond - adoption. Yes, there are some of the group who don't have adopted children. They are special people who have supported us through our adoptions. They are part of this family.
While the adults did some major shopping today, the kids did play! Most of the girls haven't seen each other in a year. That's never an issue! The girls had a blast!!!! I can't wait to see their friendships develop and grow over the coming years as we continue this tradition.
Thank you to everyone who made this year's Spring Shopping Adventure a huge success!!!! It was wonderful to see you again! To those who couldn't make it this time, I hope we'll see you in August!
Emmy, Kelsey, and Kieren had a great time playing while the adults shopped!
Finding trouble.
Come on and play, girls!
Ya gotta walk the walk!
2 comments:
What a wonderful day! I am so glad you all had a good time, I am sorry I couldn't make it. Hopefully in August.
Oh how I would have loved to be with you guys for the shopping trip! I wish Ohio was not so far away. This year I didn't even have Colleen and Linlee to shop with! :( Oh well, maybe someday we'll all meet up! I feel like you and Laurie especially are part of our extended family... and Rachel would love to play with Kieren and Jenna and all of the other girls!
Anne
Post a Comment