Today was Cullen's first speech meet! Cullen's school hosted the ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) Elementary Speech Meet. Cullen entered the Fourth Grade Poetry event. His poem was "A Boy and His Stomach" by Edgar Guest. How appropriate is that?! Cullen did really well and earned an "Excellent" rating!!! Way to go, Cull!!! We are so proud of you! Here's the poem and some photos from today:
A Boy and His Stomach
What's the matter, stummick? Ain't I always been your friend?
Ain't I always been a pardner to you? all my pennies don't I spend
In getting nice things for you? Don't I give you lots of cake?
Say, stummick, whats the matter, You had to go an' ache?
Why, I loaded you with good things yesterday; I gave you more
corn an' chicken than you'd ever had before;
I gave you fruit an' candy, apple pie an' chocolate cake,
An' last night when I got to bed you had to go and ache.
Say, what's the matter with you? Ain't you satisfied at all?
I gave you all you wanted; You was hard jes' like a ball,
An you couldn't hold another bit of puddin'; yet last night
you ached most awful, stummick! that ain't treatin' me jest right.
I've been a friend to you, I have! Why ain't you a friend O' mine?
They gave me castor oil becoz you made me whine.
I'm feelin' fine this mornin'; yes it's true;
But I tell you, stummick, you better appreciate things I do for you.
Edgar A Guest
Cullen and his teacher, Miss Betsy Linnell! She is as hyper as Cullen and just as fun!
Waiting for the Awards Ceremony. It was a long wait! This is the gym at Cullen's school, Emmanuel Christian Academy. Registration was at 8:30, opening comments at 9:00, Session 1 (Cullen's group) at 9:30, Session 2 at 10:40, and Awards from Noon-1:00. What a long morning! I'm sooooo glad we left Kieren with my folks for the day!!!
Cullen admiring his ribbon for "Excellence"! The woman announcing the awards behind Cullen is Mrs. Rose, Cullen's 3rd grade teacher.
All of the participants for the Fourth Grade Poetry event. Way to go, Cull!!!!
A Boy and His Stomach
What's the matter, stummick? Ain't I always been your friend?
Ain't I always been a pardner to you? all my pennies don't I spend
In getting nice things for you? Don't I give you lots of cake?
Say, stummick, whats the matter, You had to go an' ache?
Why, I loaded you with good things yesterday; I gave you more
corn an' chicken than you'd ever had before;
I gave you fruit an' candy, apple pie an' chocolate cake,
An' last night when I got to bed you had to go and ache.
Say, what's the matter with you? Ain't you satisfied at all?
I gave you all you wanted; You was hard jes' like a ball,
An you couldn't hold another bit of puddin'; yet last night
you ached most awful, stummick! that ain't treatin' me jest right.
I've been a friend to you, I have! Why ain't you a friend O' mine?
They gave me castor oil becoz you made me whine.
I'm feelin' fine this mornin'; yes it's true;
But I tell you, stummick, you better appreciate things I do for you.
Edgar A Guest
Cullen and his teacher, Miss Betsy Linnell! She is as hyper as Cullen and just as fun!
Waiting for the Awards Ceremony. It was a long wait! This is the gym at Cullen's school, Emmanuel Christian Academy. Registration was at 8:30, opening comments at 9:00, Session 1 (Cullen's group) at 9:30, Session 2 at 10:40, and Awards from Noon-1:00. What a long morning! I'm sooooo glad we left Kieren with my folks for the day!!!
Cullen admiring his ribbon for "Excellence"! The woman announcing the awards behind Cullen is Mrs. Rose, Cullen's 3rd grade teacher.
All of the participants for the Fourth Grade Poetry event. Way to go, Cull!!!!
3 comments:
Congratulations, Cullen!
Congratulations!!! Way to go Cullen!
Wow, Cullen is the hardest workin' guy in the school business! Congrats to him on the poetry event and the fabulous looking China project :0)
Post a Comment