Another long day. My MIL came for a visit today. Yeah. While she was here, Cullen started not feeling well. He ate some dinner and then proceded to give it back. Because it was so warm today (and the house was darn hot thanks to cooking my butt off for a couple of hours), I sent Cullen to my room to rest in front of the fan.After MIL left, Cullen came out to the Family Room. He wasn't feeling any better (Maybe not enough chocolate, Heather?) and felt worse as the evening progressed. He made dozens of quick dashes to the porcelain god, mostly dry heaves but some were productive (TMI?). He has a cough, but it doesn't sound like he's bringing up a lung. He's stuffed up, but so am I. He isn't running a fever. He is feeling achy. Is it the flu that's wiping out the school? Or is it his stomach issues making a dramatic appearance? Sheesh! I don't know if I should keep him home tomorrow or tell him to suck it up and go to school.
This stomach disorder mimics so many things. The school nurse and Cull's teacher must think I'm the meanest Mom in the world. Every week I get a call that Cullen has thrown up. I ask him what happened and a number of other questions and then ask the nurse some questions. Nine times out of ten, I tell him he needs to get used to this and to go back to class. Yeah, I know it's not nice, but he can't miss school every week! I always feel so guilty about it. But, most of the time, when I pick him up at the usual dismissal time, he is fine and raring to go!
Well, I have taken the first "puke" shift tonight. If Cullen doesn't puke again, I won't wake Andy and go to bed at 2am. If Cull makes it through the night without incident and has no fever in the morning, I guess we'll send him to school. I think. On a positive note, Kieren hasn't had a night terror tonight!! YAY! Well, enough babble. I wonder what junk is on the TV tonight?!
3 comments:
I hope it's nothing serious (other than what you've mentioned in previous posts) and that he feels better soon!
Sam,
We're happy to hear of no night-terrors, but sorry to hear about the stomach issues. Poor guy. I hope he's feeling beter today. Kieren looks adorable in the picture below. Hope things are well. I know all about those "puke" shifts!!! Fun stuff.
Love,
Chrissy
Poor guy - I hope these stomach issues find resolution for him. What a pain for him!
Post a Comment